Student Support Services

While studying at Ridley College, you may benefit from accessing support service to help you get the most out of your educational experience. A range of support services are available to you through staff at the college. We can also support you by referring you to appropriate services available in the community.

How to access support:
To access support the following members of staff listed below are the key contacts. You should email them to organise a meeting or to request support. Other contacts for specific kinds of services are given in the sections below.

Academic Counsellor /
Student Support Officer
Flyck CliftM –
Admissions Officer /
Overseas Student Liaison Officer
Jessica FieldsM –
RegistryKatrine Bramley
Alison Flynn
Natalie Brough
M – F
M – Th
T, F
Leon Morris LibraryRuth Weatherlake
Harriet Sabarez
M –
Finance OfficerPaul GameM, T,
College Support Tutors
IT and Facilities ManagerLloyd FranklinM –
Safeguarding People Officers which also includes SASH (Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment)Flyck Clift
Scott Harrower

Overseas students:

Ridley’s Admissions Officer, Jessica Fields also acts as our Overseas Student Liaison Officer. She is available to support overseas students in particular and can provide information about living and studying in Australia as well as the available support services.

Available services:

The following support services are available to all students studying at Ridley College. Note that there is no additional fee for services provided by the college, or for referral to external services. Students should enquire with external service providers about any costs involved.

  • Personal Counselling
    Students are welcome to speak with a member of faculty in the first instance or to contact our Academic Counsellor for a list of trusted external referrals
    Counselling can help you with a range of issues including mental health and emotional wellbeing, loss and grief, relationship issues, and life direction.
    Every member of faculty is dedicated to our students’ learning, is accessible on campus and via email, and offers students strong mentoring and support.
    Formation Program
    Whether you are studying on-campus, online, or a combination of both, we are concerned not just to develop your mind, but also your heart and hands. The program includes Guided Spiritual Formation and Vocational Mentoring Groups.

  • Academic Support
    Academic Counsellor, Library and College Support Tutors
    Support is available in a range of academic areas including course planning, essay writing, proper referencing, study skills and time management, accessing library resources, and academic English.
    Academic Counsellor
    Our Academic Counsellor can help you plan your course, keep you on track and make arrangements when unforeseen circumstances happen.
    Leon Morris Library Our librarians are available for one-on-one sessions to assist you in finding resources for your essays. They also provide training and video tutorials on making the most of library services, including our extensive ebook and print collections, and our online databases.
    Academic Skills Tutors – our team of Academic Skills Tutors offer support outside the classroom, on campus and online, to give you one-on-one feedback on your essay plan, explain difficult concepts, support with academic and english writing, and provide seminars on study, essay and exam skills.

  • Health and Welfare Services
    External Services
    Health and welfare services cover a wide range of supports for issues including those related to physical health (ie. medical), disability, financial and tenancy.
    Learning needs assessments – please contact our Academic Counsellor for a list of external referrals
    Medical – Find a health service Health Direct, Medicare, Victorian Better Health Channel
    Financial  –
     Money Smart (provided by ASIC), Study Assist
    Tenancy – Services Australia, Consumer Affairs Victoria
  • Legal Support
    External Support
    While staff at the college cannot provide legal advice, you may be referred to services in the community that can help you with legal matters; such as traffic incidents, domestic violence matters, family law matters, immigration, and consumer rights.
    Domestic and Family Violence – please refer to our policy
    Legal Advice – Legal Aid Victoria, Family Relationships Online
  • Accommodation
    Ridley has a small number of flats available for students, please contact our Facilities Manager
    Support with accommodation will provide you with information about ways to find accommodation while you undertake your study.
    Study Melbourne, Services Australia
  • Student Advocacy
    Students should contact the Registry team in the first instance
    The student advocacy service helps students understand policy and procedures and can assist with making appeals, grievances and complaints.
  • Other helpful resources:
    Lifeline – p: 13 11 14
    Mensline Australia – p: 1300 789 978
    1800 RESPECT – p: 1800 737 732
    Beyond Blue – p: 1300 224 636
    R U OK?
    Open Arms (Veterans and Families Counselling) – p: 1800 011 046
  • Emergencies:
    Police / Fire / Ambulance – call 000
    If you need police, fire or ambulance in an emergency, call Triple Zero (000). Always call Triple Zero (000) in situations where a life is in danger, a crime is taking place or in time critical situations.

We respectfully acknowledge the Wurundjeri People, who are the Traditional Owners of the land on which the Ridley College campus is built.
Ridley College is an affiliated college with the Australian College of Theology, CRICOS Provider Code 02650E.
© 2024 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.