Educating, Forming and Training others for Ministry
One semester, 2 credit points
ACT Type B Elective
All core foundational units
This subject will give you a vision for training others in ministry, and the ability to achieve this vision. The vision will be theological and practical for corporate and individual education, training and equipping the people of God for various ministries, and to give you an understanding of the structures, personal styles and leadership styles that will enable this to occur.
- The theological and strategic importance of forming, training, mentoring others in effective ministries.
- Developing an empowering church culture and structuring a church for lay ministry
- Principles of education, formation and training
- The role of preaching in mentoring and training new preachers, planning a preaching program, the purpose of public Bible reading, integrating sermons and Bible studies
- Raising up preachers, evangelists, youth and children’s workers, church planters and pastoral workers.
- Training leaders to run programs for enquirers and programs for evangelism
- Training leaders for the present and for the future to serve God in the church and in the world
- Training Bible study and small group leaders
There are two pieces of assessment worth the same amount. and they are very practical. One is concerned with assessing and planning a strategy for Disciple-making in your current church. The other assessment is researching and assessing resources for an area of discipleship.These will both be shared in class so that others can learn from you.