Student Admissions Officer (full-time) – Ridley College
Student Admissions Officer – Ridley College
- Full-time permanent position
Ridley College is a world-class theological college committed to equipping men and women for God’s mission in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex world.
We are excited to be recruiting for a full-time Student Admissions Officer to join our team. The Student Admissions Officer is our key contact person committed to providing friendly and accurate advice to applicants and future students. You will also act as the Overseas Student Liaison Officer. You are to ensure that all students, including international students, are oriented and inducted to Ridley.
The role would suit a professional who is skilled in administrative systems, has excellent attention to detail and has experience with government and preferably ACT student admission policies.
Key Attributes and Selection Criteria
- Character and Commitments
- Shaped by a strong Christian understanding and ethos.
- Commitment to student wellbeing and promoting positive learning outcomes.
- Strong alignment with the vision and values of Ridley.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills; written and oral.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy, discretion and tact.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, manage heavy workloads, maintain accuracy and meet deadlines, ability to work under pressure and be able to adapt to changing work practices.
- Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in an office environment and handle administrative tasks accurately and promptly.
- Demonstrated experience with data entry, office computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and the web.
- Experience in Higher Education Administration preferred, but not essential.
- A relevant qualification at a minimum of post-secondary level preferred, but not essential. The applicant should be able to demonstrate their capabilities as outlined above.
How to apply
Applications must include a cover letter and resume which addresses the above qualifications and must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 pm 24 September 2021.
Mission, Vision and Values
The success of Ridley College is underpinned by our commitment to our mission, vision, theological framework and values. The right candidate would be passionate about Ridley’s mission and vision, and align closely with our values.
Equipping men and women for God’s mission in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex world.
To be a leading centre of mission and ministry training delivered in supportive communities through flexible study modes.
Ridley College is committed to academically rigorous theological training in the Reformed Evangelical tradition that engages seriously with contemporary culture.
- Learning – high academic standards in a spirit of honest inquiry, under the authority of Scripture, and engaging with the history of Christian thought and our contemporary world.
- Formation – the intentional development of Christ-like character, prayerful dependence on God, and the integration of life, doctrine and ministry practice.
- Community – learning in relationships of respect, support and integrity, welcoming people from varied backgrounds and churches, and establishing networks for partnership in Ministry.
- Mission & Ministry – promoting a global vision for the gospel of Jesus Christ, a heart to serve the church, cross-cultural skills, perseverance, confidence and humility in handling God’s word.