Ministry Positions: Cathedral Church of Sts. Peter and Paul, Port Pirie
The Cathedral Church of Sts. Peter and Paul, Port Pirie is in the Anglican Parish of Flinders Plain in the Diocese of Willochra, South Australia. As the Cathedral Church, it is a centre of light and strength to the Diocese, providing a central focus for teaching and worship to build up the people of God and grow God’s kingdom in this region.
Many see the rural and regional Anglican Church as a dying and fading entity. Under God, we are committed to building diversity, energy, vision and a life-changing gospel ministry in and from the Cathedral.
This Church invites prayerful, godly followers of Jesus to join this mission of God with them.
- This is a challenging mission!
- This mission is under resourced in people and funding!
- This mission is rich in opportunities to share the gospel!
- This mission is in the streets and homes of the Cathedral neighbourhood!
- as tentmakers (lay or ordained) making disciples in your workplace and neighbourhood! Find a job, move into a local neighbourhood, connect across the fences and at the school gate; be a catalyst for connection; worship with the Cathedral community
- as a part time family worker present in the neighbourhood and in households. A part stipend or support with housing can be arranged
- as a parish priest gathering, teaching, caring. This team needs to have shape for moving forward and being sustained as present ageing members move into eternity. Mission partnerships will be encouraged to support this ministry
- as a pioneer in growing new gatherings. There is a growing fund of prayer and finances to support this ministry as soon as God’s person steps up. Mission partnerships will be encouraged to support this ministry.
If you would like to talk more about these opportunities, please contact the dean and parish priest: Mary Lewis, mob. 0401569224