College Librarian (Full-Time) – Ridley College
College Librarian – Ridley College
We are seeking a qualified College Librarian with a minimum of five years of previous experience who will plan, manage, and maintain library services, resources, and facilities in order to provide for the informational, reference, and research needs of Ridley students and faculty.
- Policy formation and development of services
- Management and training of library staff
- Selection and acquisition of library resources
- Management of bibliographies and readings on Ridley’s online learning platform
- Management of the library budget
- User education and information literacy training
- Management, review, and implementation of the library management system
- Wider College involvement and external library cooperations.
Key Attributes and Selection Criteria
- Character and Commitments
- Shaped by a strong Christian understanding and ethos
- Commitment to supporting the teaching and research of teaching staff, and the education of students through the delivery of excellent library services
- Proactive and visionary in developing the library and its services for the benefit of the Ridley community
- Work under broad direction
- Work both independently and as the leader of a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to engage and collaborate with library, administrative and teaching staff
- Ability to interact effectively with students
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in the delivery of professional research and information services, preferably in a theological, academic or specialist library
- Strong customer focus, and experience in delivering library services in both on campus and online environments
- A degree in library/information studies or equivalent providing eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (Essential)
- A theological qualification is advantageous
How to apply
To enquire or apply, please download the PD here.
Application closes 16 February 2024.
All applicants are required to be legally entitled to work in Australia.